input for next release schedule

Stefan Derkits stefan at derkits.at
Sun Aug 14 11:54:40 UTC 2011

Hey,

> We should think about the schedule for the next release. Can you
> please provide input for that in this thread?
> Also please let people know what was discussed at the BoFs in Berlin
> during the Desktop Summit. I was only able to attend an hour of it and
> others are probably interested in the things discussed as well.

some Things I still remember from the Desktop Summit with regard to
Releases:

Next Versions should be 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 ... instead of 2.4.4, 2.4.5 ...
Versions like 2.5.1 should be avoided, except if e.g. 2.6 is still far
away, someone has time and important bugfixes were made --> backporting
important fixes to 2.5.1 (but this should be the exception)
Important for 2.5 is fixing the Media Devices, this has a high priority.

Stefan