Fwd: 2.4 planning

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Sep 26 22:39:41 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Dewald <Daniel.Dewald at time-shift.de>
Date: Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: 2.4 planning
To: Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>

On Monday, 20. September 2010 20:19:35 you wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> > Heya folks :)
> >
> > Let's start some thinking and planning for Amarok 2.4.
> > What are your plans? What are the big (and small) things that need to
> > happen? (Not including GSoC projects - separate thread)
> > I'll try to start making a release plan next week when I'm back home.
>
> I think visualization support is a much requested feature, it would be
> nice to have. I think Daniel Dewald and maybe Sandsmark were working
> on it?

I'm working on the visualization stuff at the moment. Not sure how much time I
can sepnd on it the next weeks though. The spectrum analyzer is done so far...
a few minor changes will be made perhaps before I push it. Xine has some nasty
problems with it though. But only in some instances. A clean xine config works
perfect. I'll investigate as soon as I find the time. Fingerprinting is also
as good as done. I have some bad crashes still but I guess they are backend
realted.

Greetz

Daniel

--