Review Request: MusicBrainz and MusicDNS services support implementation

Daniel Dewald Daniel.Dewald at time-shift.de
Sat Sep 25 20:12:59 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, 22. September 2010 12:18:54 Stefan Derkits wrote:
> > On 2010-09-21 22:37:03, Stefan Derkits wrote:
> > > Personally I don't really like libofa because it looks like it is an
> > > abandoned Project without any current Maintainer
> >
> > Sergey Ivanov wrote:
> >     There is no any alternatives atm (or I just don't know about it?).
>
> liblastfm also has fingerprinting support that works pretty good.
> Unfortunatley it doesn't return MBIDs for every Song, mostly just for the
> Artists. But it can also use the last.fm API to return you the Tags of
> fingerprinted songs.

Hi,

Sorry to get into this discussion so late. I was in Switzerland ;o). LibLastfm
Fingerprinting support using phonon as audio source was already implemented by
me and works 50% of the time with xine backend (the other 50% it crashes). The
crashing most definitely comes from xine which is somewhat unstable if used
with multiple threads as far as I can tell. Otherwise my implementation works
just fine. The VLC Backend is not yet up to the task (no working
audioDataOutput as of yet). As soon as it is and I can get it stable in most
used Backends it will be pushed.

Greetz

Daniel