Junior Jobs

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Sep 24 23:04:40 CEST 2010

Hi Chinmaya,

development questions.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 16:13, Chinmaya Padhi <padhi.chinmaya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am planning to contribute to the amarok project by starting with some
> junior jobs. I could get the source code of amarok from git.
> I am running a kubuntu 10.04 . How can I proceed about installing and
> building amarok.

Please have a look at these instructions:

http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2009/09/compiling-amarok-from-git-locally-full-summary/

if you follow it step by step it should be quite easy to do.

> What IDE do we geerally use for the development purposes ?
> Can qt be separately installed , i have latest Qt4.7 bin files with Qt
> creator.

That entirely depends on your personal preferences, some people just
use vim, other use Qt Creator or KDevelop.

Just to avoid problems: Amarok currently depends on Qt 4.5 and KDE
4.4, although we plan to go to Qt 4.6 and KDE 4.5 any day now. Please
make sure you don't use functions introduced in a later Qt version.

For more informations about coding style please refer to our hacking guide:

http://gitweb.kde.org/amarok/amarok.git/tree/HEAD:/HACKING

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org