Amarok doesn't save Last.fm password when user isn't using kwallet

Paulo Rômulo p.romuloo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 20:29:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

A couple months ago, me and a friend (and others, as this blog post
[1] shows) have identified a little bug related with the use or not of
kwallet. We noticed that Amarok isn't saving the Last.fm credentials as
plain text when the user doesn't have kwallet activated. The workaround is
to write the password manually in the ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc. Should I
fill a bug report, since my search at bugzilla returned nothing related?

I could try to solve this issue and submit a patch as well, but I'm not
familiar with the code, so some guidance would be appreciated. :-)

Link:
[1]
http://handyfloss.net/2010.06/scrobbling-to-last-fm-with-amarok-2-3-and-no-kwallet/

Cheers,