My Introduction: A DB guy (GN)

Ralf Engels ralf-engels at gmx.de
Wed Sep 8 20:56:15 CEST 2010

On Mi, 2010-09-08 at 12:00 +0200, amarok-devel-request at kde.org wrote:

> logging out while amarok was playing) the statistics, dynamic playlist
> and a
> bunch of other tables would be outdated. I'll try to catch up with
> what's
> going on first and then contribute to the best of my abilities.

Hi,
I am currently reworking the collection scanner, the scan processor and
a lot of things around it.

I didn't need to change any tables but I suspect that access to the
tracks and urls table could be optimized. I can provide some data if you
need.
You can see the code that creates the tables in
src/core-impl/collection/sqlcollection/DatabaseUpdater.cpp

Also you might want to have a look at my current state here:
http://gitorious.org/~rengels/amarok/rengelss-amarok/commits/collectionscanner

I plan to wait until 2.3.2 is before commiting. The changes were quite
extensive (but good. I discovered a lot of small bugs and
inconsistencies).

Ralf