Could we please open a new git branch?

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Sep 8 15:33:45 CEST 2010

Hi all,

since we have several bugs causing a probably longer delay of 2.3.2,
could we please open a second branch, called "testing" for example?

The advantages would be the following:

* we could commit the SoC projects code and start testing
* several people have fixes waiting in their branches, causing either
new strings or bringing new features
* we would start using git to its real potential. Currently almost
everybody uses several branches and has to share his branches
elsewhere, a testing branch would really be useful to everybody.

Of course this is not intended to become the main branch, but will
remain the testing branch, and enhance collaboration. Merging is of
course always possible once a feature is tested and doesn't break the
build.

I can't see any inconveniences.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org