No subject

Tue Sep 7 01:34:01 CEST 2010

logging out while amarok was playing) the statistics, dynamic playlist and a
bunch of other tables would be outdated. I'll try to catch up with what's
going on first and then contribute to the best of my abilities.

Cheers,
Time's fun when one has flies -- A friend of mine

--00163630f475189b24048faf3422

[...]<br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); p=
adding-left: 1ex;">
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 21:49:46 +0530<br>
From: Nikhil Marathe &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nsm.nikhil at gmail.com">nsm.nikhil=
@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: My Introduction: A DB guy<br>
On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 10:10 PM, GN &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:gnarvaja at gmail.co=
m">gnarvaja at gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi all,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Valorie convinced me over IRC to hang out here and see if I can help w=
ith<br>
&gt; some DB expertise. I have experience with MySQL. I worked for the comp=
any<br>
&gt; for almost 7 years until shortly after the acquisition by Sun. My<br>
&gt; professional life has been tied to MySQL after that. Before MySQL I&#3=
9;ve been<br>
&gt; involved w/ databases for more years that I care to reveal.<br>
Hi G,<br>
Nice to meet you and welcome to the amarok devel list. It will<br>
definitely help to have someone<br>
with &quot;insider knowledge&quot; on the team. I myself am not a DB relate=
d<br>
person, but I&#39;m sure<br>
you can find something to improve amarok performance or some other<br>
equally cool thing.<br>
Enjoy,<br>
Nikhil<br>
ce performance is not an issue since you only have a few inserts at a time,=
 however other issues are: persistency. I started hacking into it when ever=
y time I had a crash or closed amarok unorderly (ie: logging out while amar=
ok was playing) the statistics, dynamic playlist and a bunch of other table=
s would be outdated. I&#39;ll try to catch up with what&#39;s going on firs=
t and then contribute to the best of my abilities.<br>
 mine<br>

--00163630f475189b24048faf3422--