Amarok's UI Game part 2

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Oct 24 09:26:50 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Tomasz Dudzik <madsheytan at gmail.com> wrote:
> All needed info are included in the README file. Any questions? Write back ;)

Some first impressions:

Things that I really like about your designs:

* The use of very soft and subtle gradients. This looks absolutely great.
* The reflections under the album images.
* The custom tooltip looks great.
* Potential use of QML (Qt Quick). I'm a big fan of QML (I visited
Till Adam's training at the Qt Developer Days). In fact I would like
to start using some QML already in Amarok 2.4, but only with
conditional compilation, since we don't depend on Qt 4.7 yet.

Things that I don't like so much:

* The tab bar under the applets. I think it looks a bit boring. Our
current design is more attractive.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer