"Upcoming Events"-widget improvement

Rick W. Chen stuffcorpse at archlinux.us
Fri Oct 8 13:54:21 CEST 2010

On 08 Oct 2010 12:25 +0200, Johannes Helmuth:
> Hi all,
>
> I am very new to amarok developement but I really must admit I love this
> player because of it's widgets and organization.
>
> I would like to propose an improvement to the Upcoming Events widget
> which fetches Events from last.fm:
> It would be cool to let the user limit the results to a certain area
> (city, state, country) for the matches being fetched.
>
> Is there already something proposed like that?
>
> cheers
> Johannes

Yep, I've been working on this. In the UI it will be called "Favourite
Venues" which allows you to select particular venues on Last.fm and show
their upcoming events, in addition to ones from the current playing
artist.

Other features include a calendar that highlights the dates of all the
events in the applet, and a map widget for their locations. A planned
feature for the future is instead of specifying venues, you can just
select an area within some radius on the map and track events in it.

--
    Rick