Fingerprinting ... was Re: Thanks for MusicBrainz patch

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Wed Oct 6 13:51:22 CEST 2010

On 10/05/2010 03:47 PM, Sergey Ivanov wrote:
>> @Sergey: Btw, a small Bugreport ... when I update the Tags via MB and
>> then have the new Tags in TagDialog and then click on Save & Close, the
>> Collection View doesn't update and it still shows something under e.g.
>> "Unknown Artist". Is it only me having this Bug or can you confirm and
>> fix it? :)
> Yes, this is a bug. It happened because of changing UID after track
> update. In case of sql collection there was some strange problem -
> scanner loses track. I removed UID update code for sql collection, so
> now It works.

Can you please explain what exactly you are saving to where?

If you calculate a musicbrainz identifier, and you save it to the file,
you should also update the database with the new identifier. MB track
identifiers are preferred over internal AFT identifiers.

I don't know what you mean about "scanner loses track" but not updating
the database with the new ID you have saved to a file is not the
solution. The IDs are there for a reason.

--Jeff