Changes in the LyricsApplet

Martin darklight.xdarklight at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 15 19:53:09 CET 2010

Hi,

I just merged my "improve lyrics handling" patch.

Only one change should be visible to the end-user: the use of
Applet::showMessage() in the applet.
This is used by my new "changes might get lost..." warning (see [0]).
Additionally I ported the existing "if you refetch lyrics your changes might
get lost" warning to the new showMessage - see [1].

Unfortunately there's a Qt bug which is triggered by using
Plasma::Applet::showMessage().
This bug causes the text in the message to be misaligned - see [2].
BUT: that bug only occurs in 10% of the tries (when clicking the refetch)
button. Rick could never reproduce it.

So there are two reasons why I'm writing this mail:
-First I'd like to know how often you get that alignment bug (or if you don't
get it at all).
-and it would be nice if you could play around with the lyrics applet a bit.

Regards,
Martin

[0] http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/100013/s/15/
[1] http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/100013/s/16/