Black Context View - Lolwut?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Nov 12 09:35:59 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 07:33, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> check out what my Amarok just did. I have no idea how or why that happened :)
>>
>> (See attached screenshot)
>
> Might be Qt rendering related. Your intel chipset doesn't have the
> best of xorg drivers. We'll at least there are some OpenGL related
> issues, like blank area's on the screen. Could it be the CV is OpenGL
> rendered? Could be default rendering engine in your Qt install.

I'm also guessing it might be a driver issue. Interestingly, the
problem started only today, but now it's kinda happening all the time.
However, the Plasma Desktop itself has no issues at all.

It might have been something that came with the Kubuntu packages
update from yesterday, I will have to check.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at KO GmbH