[Amarok] 7bca886: debug: use elapsed timer

Rick W. Chen stuffcorpse at archlinux.us
Wed Nov 10 04:21:15 CET 2010

On 09 Nov 2010 16:58 +0100, Kevin Funk:
> Tuesday 09 November 2010, Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com>:
> > Theres a performance graphing script in one of the top level
> > directories, with a readme as well.  It ties into the PERF_LOG macro
> > in debug.h
> >
> > Dan,
> >
> Oh, someone with knowledge about PERF_LOG.
>
> We wanted to get rid off it as it seemed useless (to us)

Thanks Dan for the pointer on what PERF_LOG is used for. It's pretty
neat actually, we should keep it. Though currently we're only using it
during starting up, it might be useful elsewhere too.

Here is the relevant post about the tool:
http://people.gnome.org/~federico/news-2006-03.html#timeline-tools

--
    Rick