time to update the about dialog

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sun Nov 7 23:39:12 CET 2010

On Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:26:02 PM Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 22:53, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> > Heya folks :)
> >
> > I think it's time to look at who should be added to the about dialog
> > for 2.4. We've had a lot of contributions from new people lately and
> > that's really great. If you have someone in mind who has made great
> > contributions to Amarok in the last months but is not mentioned in the
> > about dialog so far it is time to add them before we hit string
> > freeze.
>
> According to fisheye, the following people have made substantial
> contributions in the last 6 months:
>
> Ralf Engels (ralf.engels at nokia.com)
> Rick W. Chen (stuffcorpse at archlinux.us)
>
> I suggest they are getting author status.

Both Rick and Ralf have certainly contributed a lot of code recently. However,
think Author status conveys more than just a splash of contributions but long-
term commitment to the project. So I don't mean to reduce the value of their
recent contributions (which is amazing!) but I think it is a bit early, that
is all.

> The following people have made contributions in the last 12 months and
> should be in the "Thanks to" list:
>
> Albert Astals Cid
> Alexandre
> Andrew Coles
> Andy Coder
> Daniel Faust
> Frederik Gladhorn
> Jakob Kummerov
> Jakub Wieczorek
> Jof
> ldeveaux
> Manu Wagner
> Martin Aumueller (currently listed in former contributors)
> Martin Blumenstingl
> Nathan Sala
> Oleksandr Khayrullin
> Peter C. Ndikuwera (currently listed in former contributors)
> Rainer Sigle
> Sergej Ivanov
>
> And of course in the rokymotion section:
>
> jtduncan
> Valorie Zimmerman
> Xenios
>

> I hope I didn't miss anyone, now we just need to find the mail
> addresses for all these people...
> I will sum up the contributions for the Thanks to section. Also there
> are quite a few people who should be moved to Former contributors who
> are still in the Thanks to section. I will come up with a  list later.

Sounds good to me. They all deserve to be in the dialog. Though who is
Alexandre? :)

leo

--
leo at kdab.com                                 KDAB (USA), LLC