UPnP Kioslave and Amarok Collection notes

Lukas 1lukas1 at gmail.com
Sat May 15 20:13:39 CEST 2010

MySQL is really fast in storing things up, and it shouldn't count for
majority of time used in full scan. In most ocations it takes less than
0.005s for a line to store. However, as far as I remember, Amarok uses
MyISAM tables for collection (corret me if i'm wrong), that means tables
gets locked during writes. Thisa could be asily fixed, by changing engine to
InnoDB.

Even more, to minify count of writes, its is possible to feed a list of
tracks after rescan to a temporary table stored on memory, and using joins
delete removed tracks from mysql collection and add new ones. So even using
MyISMA full rescan wouldn't couse much problem :)