Why is the mark podcasts as seen option gone?

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Sun Mar 28 19:16:50 CEST 2010

On 03/28/2010 07:03 PM, Bart Cerneels wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 17:40, Mathias Panzenböck
> <grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net>  wrote:
>> Also the "unsubscribe" action for podacast channels is pretty broken:
>>   * Sometimes the wrong channel is asked to be removed.
>>   * The channel to be removed seems to be associated multiple times with the
>> action and so you have
>>    to confirm/cancel several times!
>>
>>         -panzi
>>

> Yeah well, I suffered a major setback with this work since I can no
> longer merge it without spending the better part of a day on fixing
> merge issues.
> I don't have see this fixed properly anytime soon.

Merging with what? (Which branch?) Will this get a major overhaul? Will this work in the next
release? Users will probably get very frustrated when they encounter these regressions. I for once
did not really read the confirmation dialog (yes I know, thats bad habit) and almost confirmed
removing the wrong subscriptions. Now imagine the user has checked the option to remove the
downloaded episodes (some podcast feeds provide the episodes only for a limited time, the episodes
would be lost for good). I guess that would mean one amarok user less. :/

Is there any proposal/idea how to do this right?

	-panzi