2.3.1 release schedule

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Mar 27 16:41:27 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The only thing in that commit that maybe looks wonky is this:
>>
>> -    if ((AmarokConfig::enableToolTips()) && (track) &&
>> !(QApplication::mouseButtons() & Qt::LeftButton)) {
>> +    if ( (
>> Playlist::LayoutManager::instance()->activeLayout().tooltips() ) &&
>> (track) && !(QApplication::mouseButtons() & Qt::LeftButton)) {
>
> Nope. The commit was to blame, but really by no fault of its own.
>
> The trigger turned out to be that the commit removed a checkbox from
> the GeneralConfig page. This in turn led to the GeneralConfig page
> getting slightly less tall (by 20 pixels or so). This in turn caused
> the entire dialog to shrink bu this amount, which caused the
> KPluginSelector used for enabling/configuring service to _just_ have
> to show the vertical scrollbar. And this causes all hell to break
> loose....

Yeah, this probably makes it into the list of "10 most bizarre bugs
ever". Currently we're assuming that the real bug is in
KPluginSelector, or in Oxygen (or Qt?). And if that's true, it's
rather critical, and it might affect other parts of Amarok (and other
applications) too.

For instance we're getting random reports about our Script Manager
widget freezing. None of us devs could really reproduce this, but I
think there is a chance that this might be related to the above bug as
well. We'll have to do some detective work for figuring this out
completely.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer