Typo in SqlPlaylist?

Nanno Langstraat langstr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 11:39:17 CET 2010

Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> /home/mark/kde/src/amarok/src/core/meta/Meta.h:88: warning: ‘virtual
> void Meta::Observer::metadataChanged(Meta::AlbumPtr)’ was hidden
> /home/mark/kde/src/amarok/src/playlistmanager/sql/SqlPlaylist.h:80:
> warning:   by ‘virtual void
> Meta::SqlPlaylist::metadataChanged(Meta::TrackPtr)’

The following bug is probably unrelated, but it reminds me:

When I change the "album" tag on an MP3 file to match an existing album,
that track is sometimes not assigned to the same album as the existing
tracks, but to a new album with identical name.

That breaks playlist grouping, etc.

    * Amarok restart makes no difference.

    * "Tools/Update Collection" makes no difference.

    * "Settings/Configure Amarok/Collection/Fully Rescan Entire
      Collection" does fix the problem.

I suspect the changed track is not assigned to the existing
Meta::AlbumPtr, but creates a new Meta::AlbumPtr with identical name?

Perhaps related to short vs. long (>30 characters) title/album name?

Unfortunately I don't know how to reproduce this.

    Regards,
    Nanno