Towards Amarok Mobile: Beginning separation

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue Mar 23 15:59:42 CET 2010

On 3/22/2010 7:01 PM, Ian Monroe wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 8:38 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
>> I'll keep that in mind, and thanks. What do you know about databases on
>> Maemo?
>
> Both Fremantle and Harmattan use Tracker. Tracker already has all the
> music info. I'm not sure libqttracker works for the Tracker thats in
> Fremantle though.

I'm not actually sure what's in Tracker, though. Does it read all tags
from all formats?

> But I mean otherwise its a normal Debian system. Like Erik said most
> things end up on sqlite.

Which means that if we want a DB we either have to get libmysqld over
there, or go back to a multi-DB system.

Not that the latter is a problem, other than an enormous amount of work.
A Quassel-style Storage abstraction layer would be great.

--Jeff