New cover fetcher and dialogue

Rick W. Chen stuffcorpse at archlinux.us
Tue Mar 23 12:53:43 CET 2010

Tue, 23 Mar, 2010 at 12:59:55 PM +0200, Lukas:

> > There's a script that does that called CopyCover2 [1] which you might
> > like to try. As for the Discogs integration, there's still doubt whether
> > that'll make it into the next release. I was told about the fallout they
> > had with Rhythmbox after I've implemented it; right now I'm waiting for
> > a reply from Discogs whether Amarok is permitted to have this function.
> >
> >  1. http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/CopyCover2?content=113293
> >
> If there are  problem about overloads, might be it is possible to use google
> as a cache layer, if possible, like
> http://www.google.lt/search?hl=lt&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.discogs.com%2Fartist%2Fjustin%2Btimberlake%3Ff%3Dxml%26&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=and
> phrase google cache copy
> However I don't know is it legal to simulate web requests...

It doesn't really matter how you get the image, it eventually has to come
from Discogs. Also, the cover fetcher uses the simple api provided
by them to get all the information it needs. That's why it was pretty
easy for me to implement. Scraping many times (once for Google, another
for Discogs) will be less reliable and slower.

--
    Rick