Towards Amarok Mobile: Beginning separation

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Fri Mar 19 23:03:36 CET 2010

> My first goal is to get several of the services working. There are
> already music clients on Maemo; there aren't any Ampache clients or
> Last.fm clients. So I figure a good way to get established is to provide
> what's not already there, and then fill out the functionality as possible.

There happens to be a very good last.fm client on maemo:
http://vagalume.igalia.com/

You may want to establish another feature/capability then that first. Making
syncing between desktop Amarok and mobile Amarok comes to mind. Casey
and your work to make storage devices work better w/ Amarok ought to give
you a leg up. If you are thinking about getting podcast stuff working, remember
that the gpodder developer is very active w/ their maemo port.

> That's my current plan...if anyone sees gaping flaws or takes umbrage
> with any of the above, do let me know.

No gaping flaws from my viewing angle. I am excited about a decent
music player on MeeGo/Harmattan. All of the other attempts to put a
good player on maemo have never been sufficient for everyday use.
If you post scut work to do, I will do my best to try to participate where
time allows.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/