standalone toolbar?

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 08:44:31 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 7:15 AM, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at web.de> wrote:
> from the insider:
> "Newly redesigned Toolbar. When this is detached, you'll have a very
> streamlined Amarok at your fingertips, in a sliver of screen space."
>
> now that's not quite true, as at least the main toolbar has no minimum size.
> so if you unlock the layout and detach the toolbar (to drag it around) it will
> shrink to the play button and volume dial.

::snip::

I discovered this when I was experimenting trying to make the tabbed
version, where the 3 panes are stacked on top of one another, with
tabs at the bottom to chose the bottom two. If instead you close all
three panes, you are left with the toolbar alone. If one has a small
screen, and has already set up a long or dynamic playlist, this is
practical. Certainly one can shrink it too small for practical use,
but I don't see that as a huge problem. Users can simply drag it to a
practical size. Dragging it around has no effect on it's size.

Valorie

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .