The new splash screen

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Fri Mar 12 16:20:51 CET 2010

Am Thursday 11 March 2010 schrieb Pierre Dumuid:

> Maybe we're from a different country, the widths of the google logo all
> look the same to me.
No, they don't (the logo is also the same for every language)

"fixed-width" is just another term for monospace (courier, monaco, consolas
and "mono" variants for eg. dejavu or luxi.

I guess that was however not your point about the usage of "different fonts"
in amarok, though, where basically "am" is regular, "ar" is bold, "o" is the
icon turned into a letter (i will not quote the opinion of some PR pros on
that technique in general ;-P) and "K" is bold and (likely) upcase.

So you were referring to the (uncommon?) usage of different strenghts while
Ian referred to the (extremely rare) usage of monospace fonts.

Cheers