Args, we forgot about: The Splash Screen

Jakob Kummerow jakob.kummerow at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 9 15:41:08 CET 2010

> Could anyone cut out that top left image, and just put it in Git? Then
> we can still see...

Done.

My own opinion, just in case anyone wonders what shed colors my bike prefers:
I like rosha's splash, so I wouldn't mind if it stayed.
Before Lydia mentioned it, the similarity to some of Apple's ads
hadn't come to my mind. Now, I can't deny it, but it doesn't bother me
either. An image of a band playing music, slightly stylized by using
silhouettes, is pretty generic -- other designers are bound to have
used similar themes in the past, but that doesn't prevent us from
anything. It's a perfect fit to visualize the message that Amarok is a
roking music player, and that's what counts, if you ask me.

Cheers,
Jakob