Moving the Git repo

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Thu Jun 17 20:16:53 CEST 2010

On 6/9/2010 5:29 PM, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> As many of you will already be aware, KDE has chosen its Git hosting
> solution, which will not be Gitorious.org*, and we have a test server up
> and running.
>
> Since Amarok and Konversation are already running Git, they are going to
> once again be the guinea pigs for the KDE Git hosting solution.
>
> I should be able to handle this transition fairly painlessly for the
> most part, as I should have access to most of your public SSH keys. In
> essence, I should be able to at some point revoke commit access on
> Gitorious.org, update the repo on the KDE host, and have you guys simply
> pop into .git/config and update your remote URLs, and have it work.

OK, this is, shall we say, "imminent".

Please note that the sysadmins only have your SSH public key if you have
an SSH-style SVN account instead of a HTTPS-style SVN account. Which
means if you have the latter, when we switch the repos over, you're not
going to have access :-)

If you're one of these lucky users, please file a sysadmin bug on b.k.o.
and provide your logon and your SSH pub key. We'll eventually have a
form that will make this more painless, but it's not ready yet.

Thanks,
Jeff