[GSoC update] Distributed Collections: Week 1

Varrun Ramani varrunr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 07:25:26 CEST 2010

Hi Max

On 29/05/2010, Maximilian Kossick <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Passing complex searches as http parameters is a dead end in my
> opinion. A solution that is used in Amarok already is to store the
> query as XML. You would then be able to post that XML to Ampache.

Going through what you said earlier, regarding posting XML to Ampache,
what protocol / request method will be used in such a scenario? In a
REST API, I will get a response to a GET request. I suppose we can use
POST with content type text/xml, but then How will ampache know if a
request(query) has been given or not?
--
Varrun