tagging replaygain- amarok script obsolete, new way from within Amarok?

jet jetster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 00:47:14 CEST 2010

Hi, the old amarok_replaygain.py script I used for years to enable
replaygain playback functionality is now built in to Amarok - this is great
and I love the new functionality. However, the old script had a nice setting
that could be enabled where after any file that didn't already have a
replaygain tag was added to the current playlist, it would scan it and tag
it with a replaygain tag. Amarok doesn't have this functionality now, and
the question is whether there is a way to dynamical scan and tag files with
replaygain tags within Amarok now?  (the script is no longer functional in
amarok 2)

I realize there are plenty of ways to tag outside of Amarok, but of course
I'd rather just stay in Amarok for this (simpler to stay in Amarok than than
running something like mp3gain, QtGain, etc... with a script or built-in
functionality, each time a song is added to your collection, it wouldn't be
necessary to first scan it and add a tag as this would happen automatically
when it was first played.

If nobody has plans or knows of plans for replaygain tagging, I may fiddle
around with some script writing. I edited one for amarok 1.4 a long time
time ago, but it was pretty terrible... but before beginning, I thought I'd
ask if this is something already planned or if a solution already exists.

Thanks!
jetpeach