[GSoC] UPnP progress report week 3

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 14:46:03 CEST 2010

On 6/5/10, Maximilian Kossick <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I don't think so.
>
> I remember a few thread on kde-devel about running threads in
> kioslaves. You could start a special thread in your kioslave to
> perform your monitoring.

Thanks for the heads up Maximilian. Actually one of those threads was mine :)
When I was experimenting in March, a threaded implementation
experiment had driven me crazy and so I kind of didn't want to do
that, even though that would solve the issue.

Now after reading some docs and being careful, I have a working
threaded implementation at the same level as the non threaded
kioslave. And it only took a day. Its not public yet, but after a few
touches it will replace the current slave.

Regards,
Nikhil