[GSoC status report] Week 4

Kuba Serafinowski zizzfizzix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 10:27:43 CEST 2010

Hi,

This has been a reasonably productive week. I've fixed another weird
> crash with no backtrace (and learned to be more careful when using
> named ctors) and handled some important details in ffmpeg's syntax and
> its use through KProcess. I've added some more customizations for
> Vorbis encoding parameters, but then I've scrapped most of the testing
> UI for that and started working on the real thing. After the issues at
> the sprint in Randa, transcoding works again. Currently, this [1] is
> what the user would get if the tried to copy a track, though for now
> it only works from the file browser. The idea is to allow sane,
> context-sensitive and clearly documented defaults for noobs and more
> detailed encoder configuration options for nerds, and I believe that
> QCommandLinkButtons could be the right thing to use here in order to
> keep things simple and pretty.
>
> Next week, more UI and replacing the stubs in TranscodeFormat with
> real ctors for formats other than Vorbis that we definitely want to
> support.
>
> [1] http://imagebin.ca/view/1OOuyfyc.html

I'd change the order so that noob and nerd options are next to each other,
it just feels that it should be this way (at least if they're on the same
level, because I understand that you wanted to make nerd option less
visible, but it doesn't work like that now) .

my 2 cents ;)
Kuba