Suggestion: UI keyword in subjects.

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sat Jul 31 17:25:56 CEST 2010

Hi,
I don't know if I'm the only one who is mainly interested in the User
Interface/Interaction part of Amarok development and doesn't understand much
of the technical stuff.
But for me and others like me it would make sense to agree on some keyword in
all UI-related mails to the list. That way if I don't have much time I can
just scan (or search) for mails containing the keyword in order to save time
without risking to miss any mails I might want to comment on.
Of course keywords could also be used for other topics that concern a specific
group among the subscribers more than others.
I would suggest [UI] as a keyword for User Interaction/Interface related
mails.
Of course the downside is that people might miss other mails that would be
interesting for them even though they are not related to the topic they're
most interested in. But the current situation often causes at least me to not
read any mails on the list at all when time is short, since most of the mails
are rather technical anyway. With the keyword established, I would read only
UI mails then but manually scan through all mails when I have more time.
What do you think of the idea?
Regards,
Thomas