Elegance?!

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 06:40:40 CEST 2010

> Some of you have attended Aaron's keynote at Akademy in Tampere and
> others have seen the video already. (Go watch it if you haven't yet.)
> One of the key points was that we need to look at our work and see
> where we can make what we do or how we do it more elegant. So the
> question is: How does this apply to Amarok for you? Where/how can we
> do things more elegantly and how can we make Amarok more elegant?

Along the similar lines as Ralf, I would also like the positions of
the context view and playlist to be exchanged. That would be a major
win.

Another thing I would like is more visual feedback about the relations
between the UI. Right now the three views are visually different and
quite 'blocky'. Each applet is also pretty much its own thing.

Instead when a song is playing, it could have a different background
which matches the context view background, and its row would merge
into the context view by extending to the left (right?). This would
clearly mark that everything in here (the Context view) is related to
this song. Of course this would require custom painting of widgets and
might be a lot of work, but just my 2 cents.

Nikhil