New experimental toolbar by Thomas Luebking

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 23:15:05 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at web.de> wrote:
> We cannot have them really look like "buttons"
> (the labels can be slided to skip prev/next)
>
> Otherwise i started out with such arrow shapes, but (being flat) they always
> looked a bit "shitty" :)
>
> That's why i moved to the "super stylized tab" shape :D

A few things:

1) I'm entirely certain from this what the sliding does compared to
simply clicking on the text?  Does sliding the next track to the
current track make it play or does it make it go away (and insert
another track as the next one)?  If it's just an alternative to
clicking on the"next" button, what is the benefit of the slide? It
seems to me it might be nice for eye candy, but who would take the
time to slide a track around instead of clicking the button?

If it is necessary, then I'd suggest some sort of visual guide to
serve as some sort of track for it's motion.  Thinking about slidy
things on touch interfaces, they usually show a path to drag the item
along, so people know what to do with it.  Of course, as I said
earlier, I've no idea what the benefit is to dragging an item along
vs. just clicking on it.