New experimental toolbar by Thomas Luebking

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sun Jan 31 22:33:05 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at web.de> wrote:
>> I'm no fan of either version :-\
>>
>> - In general this triggers a misuse (users _will_ try to point and click the
>> tiny icons (esp. with the second attempt) run a usertest if you don't trust me
>> ;-)
>>
>> - Ericos original suggestion somehow "breaks" the horizontal layout.
>>
>> - Both introduce at least one "inverted" "icon next to text" toolbuttons what
>> looks weird.
>>
>> - Also this interferes with the drag feature (esp. those sunken icons)

I had no idea you could even drag the toolbar at all until you
mentioned it... I think this is nifty but also completely obscure and
undiscoverable. Any ideas on making it more obvious to the user?
otherwise I don't know if it should really be used as an argument at
all.

leo