New experimental toolbar by Thomas Luebking

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Sun Jan 31 18:54:24 CET 2010

I'm no fan of either version :-\

- In general this triggers a misuse (users _will_ try to point and click the
tiny icons (esp. with the second attempt) run a usertest if you don't trust me
;-)

- Ericos original suggestion somehow "breaks" the horizontal layout.

- Both introduce at least one "inverted" "icon next to text" toolbuttons what
looks weird.

- Also this interferes with the drag feature (esp. those sunken icons)

If we can skip the hook-arrows, i've attached a mock for a different direction
(but i think we'd also need to adjust the look of the progress slider to get
the entire area back less "heavy" - i'f you're interested, i'll implement this
and seek for a "lighter" slider appearance)

Cheers,
Thomas