Improve the dynamic playlists

Ludovic DEVEAUX deveaux.ludovic31 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 16:37:28 CET 2010

Hello,

We are students from Toulouse, France and we are working on Amarok as
a university project. One our tasks is to work on the dynamic
playlists.

We already have studied the main functioning of the feature but we
have now some questions.

First, which way could we improve the algorithms ? For example, we can
make tests of ga_optimize() to eventually use it in the code. Nikolaj
Hald Nielsen told us some algorithms don't work the way they should,
can anyone point out what we should focus on ?

We would like to gather opinions about the dynamic playlists applet.
Do you think it is usable and understandable for most users ? We think
it's a bit too complicated at the moment. With your feedback we could
make a proposal for enhancement.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

--