New experimental toolbar by Thomas Luebking

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Tue Jan 26 18:52:39 CET 2010

Am Tuesday 26 January 2010 schrieb Jeff Mitchell:

> That's the exact opposite of what people want, which is to have the
> slimbar/1.4-style slider on the fat bar.
I think we miss each other =D

a) the current dial size is "arbitrary" (on the 3G bar determined by the
vertical label+slider arrangement)
Small dials work ok (in particular they're "wheealable" and you can extend the
cycle performed with the pointer as the mouse is grabbed)

b) i can wheel the current slimbar slider and ...

c) the closest thing to the 1.4 volume slider is the current "fat" Main
Toolbar volume slider

I picked the dial as it combines the advance of a "normal" (1.4, fatbar)
slider with a better use of space (as the effective length is l*Pi, so similar
to the 1.4/fatbar slider while only covering 1/3 of it's width)

If you use a traditional slider on the slimbar, this space will be taken away
from the position slider. (as by the buttons and track actions)

Thomas