New experimental toolbar by Thomas Luebking

Enrico Ros enrico.qt at email.it
Fri Jan 22 14:20:40 CET 2010

On Friday 22 January 2010 11:04:26 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>
wrote:
> > Thomas Luebking has created a new alternative toolbar ("3G") for
> > Amarok, which does some rather interesting things. I've just checked
> > it out, and I found it surprisingly good. There are some usability
> > issues and visual glitches remaining, but I'm sure they could be
> > tweaked a bit.
> >
> > Here is the Merge Request, if you want to check it out (also check the
> > comments in there):
> >
> > http://gitorious.org/amarok/amarok/merge_requests/2259
> >

> > I'm attaching a screenshot of the new toolbar in action.
>
> Thomas was kind enough to clean up his commits a bit, and I just
> tested it here. I could build and run it successfully.

Tested locally. Feels really good! The best toolbar imho, even if initially
you have to get used to that.

The best part of it (apart from the stunning looks of the volume and
play/pause animated buttons) is that it adds information about the prev and
next tracks.  You really want to know what's the next song is, especially if
you're in random mode, especially if you're running a Party in your house!

I've got a couple of little suggestions too:
 * animated slide on next/prev. see, they're aligned, they're begging for
that! ;-)
 * a little more centering of the next and previous songs, so you don't have
to walk mouse-miles in a wide screen
 * maybe next/prev btns too ?

Thanks Thomas ;-)

Enrico

 Sponsor:
 Apri subito Conto Arancio e ricevi 50 Euro di buoni acquisti da spendere presso Media World!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=10032&d=22-1