Is SqlRegistry needed?

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:38:11 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> Max (and others),
>
> Is SqlRegistry needed anymore?
>
> My impression is that it was created due to the various lookups/writes
> being so horrendously slow during scanning. Now that that is hugely sped
> up (without involving SqlRegistry) is this needed? Can we get rid of the
> cache, or is there still some compelling reason for keeping it around?

No, that is not the point of SqlRegistry (was it even used in the
scanning?). It is used as a central repository to keep all instances
of SqlMeta that are in use (i.e. have been loaded from the database)
in SqlCollection so that SqlCollection (and related classes) can
return the same instance of the object.