tests building

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 21 22:18:51 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Maximilian Kossick
<maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Maximilian Kossick
>> <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> Well, they are tests, so being a bit hacky is not an issue.
>>>
>>> Linking to libamarok should be avoided as we cannot really control the
>>> side effects. In the current state of Amarok it is very easy to
>>> accidentally start all other components of amarok (main window,
>>> collection manager, engine controller, and so on...). That defeats the
>>> point of a unit test (and makes it horribly slow)
>>
>> Well I guess I was worried about it being hard to maintain more then
>> anything. And also inaccurate.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> What was inaccurate?

Slightly unrelated topic:

What mock libraries are available on the average linux distro? port
says that it can install google mock (gmock), but I could not find out
what packages are avialable on open suse or ubuntu or whatever tother
common linux flavour there currently is.

Cheers,
Max