tests building

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:19:32 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Maximilian Kossick
> <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Those two errors can be easily fixed by providing dummy
>> implementations that don't do anything in the
>> CollectionLocationTest.cpp
>>
>> I'm not sure whether the linker will start complaining about
>> SvgHandler being missing
>>

> Shouldn't we just link to libamarok? Dummy implementations of random
> functions sounds a bit hacky to me.

Well, they are tests, so being a bit hacky is not an issue.

Linking to libamarok should be avoided as we cannot really control the
side effects. In the current state of Amarok it is very easy to
accidentally start all other components of amarok (main window,
collection manager, engine controller, and so on...). That defeats the
point of a unit test (and makes it horribly slow)