the new sync framework

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 21 08:45:48 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:34 AM, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Maxx,
>
> I've been working on a synchronization ui to hook up with your
> framework, and I've a few questions.
>
> What is the difference between all the different jobs? They all take
> two collections, a tracklist, and a direction. How does each differ?
>
> Casey

UnionJob: as the result of this job both collections contain the union
of the tracks in both collections, i.e. it adds tracks that are in
collection A but not in collection B to B and tracks that are in B but
not in A to A. It does not remove tracks from either A or B.

OneWaySynchronizationJob: it ensures that all tracks that are in the
source collection are present in the target collection as well, i.e.
it adds tracks that are in source but not in target to target. It does
not remove any tracks from target. It is one half of UnionJob.

MasterSlaveSynchronizationJob: ensures that the slave collection
contains exactly the same tracks as the master collection, i.e. it
adds tracks that are in master but not in slave to slave and removes
tracks that are in slave but not in master from slave.

You might want to add this as comments to the header files.