[Amarok] Add check for correct collection scanner version.

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Mon Jan 18 09:28:06 CET 2010

Monday 18 January 2010, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Martin Aumueller <aumuell at reserv.at> wrote:
> >>
> >> TBH, I don't really understand why this is needed. If the scanner is
> >> in $PATH, then it should be found, no?
> >
> > To me it makes sense: if Amarok has been installed to PREFIX (and has
> > been started from PREFIX), then the collection scanner from PREFIX
> > should be used. And not the first one found in $PATH - could be from a
> > different Amarok version.
> >
> > How about not installing the collection scanner to PREFIX/bin but to
> > PREFIX/libexec or whatever?
>
> Hmm. Myself I'm also installing Amarok in my $HOME. However, of course
> I have $HOME/kde/bin in my $PATH, so everything works fine.

I'm doing that aswell.
I agree that the check in ScanManager.cpp is redundant in this case (and
people who are installing Amarok to $HOME/. should know what they're doing.

> I can't really see how or why anyone would do it differently, but
> maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, if someone wants to add the
> method that Kevin proposed (I guess a public static method would be
> ideal), please go ahead.

I just wanted to make sure that everything is consistent, otherwise the whole
check is needless, because there are different binaries involved.

Greets

--
Kevin Funk