Working on two versions in parallel

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Jan 10 12:38:44 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Exactly. Now everyone probably has master + his own local changes.
>> This means that master (and very close variations of it) is used and
>> tested by many people. In my opinion the current workflow is a good
>> thing because of this.
>
> +1.
>
>  I don't even know what to add to this as it pretty much nails it IMO! :-)

So we can stop this discussion, and this enables Plan B:

As soon as we get into string freeze, I'll open a clone with some
"next" branch in it, and everyone who wants to push there gets access.
The rest doesn't have to use it.

I think that's a fair solution. People can just choose what workflow
they prefer.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer