Squashing commits a bit

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Jan 10 08:00:33 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> And on a related note, please please please stop with the ChangeLog++
> commits.  Commit the changes in the changelog with the changes in the
> files, so that git annotate is useful and theres less stupid spam.

I actually separate them on purpose. In some cases it can be a hassle
to have them combined, e.g. if you want to revert some code, then
commit something similar again, but then you want to keep the
ChangeLog entry.

Also the ChangeLog thing often leads to annoying conflicts when
reverting. So, there are pros and cons to it. I don't think we should
make it mandatory to combine them.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer