[Amarok] 610b5a8 Revert "Add embedded cover art support"

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Feb 26 23:30:35 CET 2010

On 2/26/2010 2:54 PM, Leo Franchi wrote:
> commit 610b5a84cf367fc217c605fcd8bf9f304b7909fe
> Author: Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org>
> Date:   Fri Feb 26 14:51:57 2010 -0500
>     Andreas, we still want this feature, and we will be merging it back in as soon as 2.3 final is tagged. However, you can see the multiple comments that people have had, and things that we would like to be changed (e.g. no taglib code in sqlmeta).

Andreas,

We definitely still want it. However, I'd like to talk to you about the
design of it. Changing the database is most likely not a problem, so
without that constraint we should consider the available options. There
might also be other ways of going about this that don't require DB
changes (for instance, one option might be to generate the appropriate
sizes/create caches during a scan).

Anyways, ping me at jefferai on freenode and when we meet up we can discuss.

Thanks!
Jeff