And here it cometh: Amarok Clone No. 6

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:39:11 CET 2010

> I cannot understand why hate Amarok 2 ?!

It's quite simple really, this list of deductive (ok, maybe more
inductive) proofs that should explain once and for all why people hate
Amarok 2.

[A]

Argument from Satisfaction
(1) There are reasons for the way things are now (pre-A2) i.e., the status quo
(2) These reasons are obvious and compelling
(3) Some people can't imagine alternatives to the status quo
(4) When faced with something unimaginable people's reaction is denial
(5) Extreme denial is often expressed as hate
Therefore (5),  some people hate Amarok 2

Argument from Fear
(1) People have an innate fear of the unknown
(2) We prefer to take our chances with the "devil" we know
(3) A reaction to fear is outward aggression/hatred
Therefore (4), people hate Amarok 2

Argument from Lack of Self Confidence
(1) New conditions require that we attain fresh skills, abilities and attitudes
So, (2) Change threatens our self-esteem
(3) When self-esteem is threatened individuals with interdependent
self-construal show less ingroup favoritism [B]
(4) The "ingroup" in this case is supporters of Amarok 2
Therefore, (5), people with interdependent self-construal hate Amarok 2

Argument from Futility aka "the more things change, the more they stay
the same,"
(1) Amarok 1.4 is a Music Player
(2) Amarok 2 will be a Music Player
(3) Amarok 1.4 fills the role of Music Player completely.
Therefore, (4), Taking part in Amarok 2 would be a waste of time
Therefore, (5), people hate Amarok 2

Argument from Lack of Knowledge
(1) Some people have only used Amarok 1.4
(2) Before one can know the differences between two programs, one must use both
(3) Some people do not know the differences between Amarok 1.4 and 2
(4) These people rely on ignorance and faulty analysis when judging Amarok 2,
(5) Some of these faulty judgments decide Amarok 2 blows hard
Therefore, (5), some people hate Amarok 2

Argument from Myopia
(1) Some people have bad to little foresight
(2) These people cannot see what might be in their better self interest
(3) These people appeal to some other Argument against Amarok 2
Therefore, (4), these people hate Amarok 2

Argument from Groupthink
(1) The general consensus about Amarok 2.0 was negative
(2) Consensus seeking can cause people to share common myths and misconceptions.
(3) There exist misconceptions and myths about Amarok version x, where x > 2.0
(4) Appeal to Argument from Lack of Knowledge
Therefore, (5), some people hate Amarok 2

Argument from Institutionalism
(1) The prime task of the group is self-preservation and self-perpetuation
(2) Change is undoubtedly a threat to the group
(3) Amarok 2 is a change from Amarok 1.4
(4) Threats are bad
Therefore, (5),  people hate Amarok 2

[A] The arguments were extrapolated from Sandra Hagevik article
"Living with Constant Change"  http://is.gd/create.php
[B] http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/121495416/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0