And here it cometh: Amarok Clone No. 6

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Feb 23 12:34:30 CET 2010

Yo ho,

as if 5 clones were not enough, there is now a 6th clone of Amarok
1.4. I stumbled upon an article about it. From the article it appears
that they might be using our logo (which we should check, regarding
trademark). Here's the article:

http://techie-buzz.com/foss/amarok-1-4-gets-ported-over-to-qt4-named-clementine.html

Here's also a very lovely Reddit posting, with much whining and
trolling goodness, for your enjoyment:

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/b54wo/for_all_those_people_who_hate_amarok_2/

I had a funny conversation with Ryan Paul from Ars Technica about
this, it went like this:

Mark: "One of these days, when I manage to untangle my 2 feet long
beard from my keyboard, I'm gonna go back to the real thing: XMMS
0.2.6"

Ryan: "Almost every time I write an article about any foss
application, I get a message from a graybeard who says it was better
before 1.0"

http://identi.ca/conversation/22867169#notice-22867169

What is it with the bearded folks (yes Ian, I'm looking at you) ;)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at Collabora Ltd