Embedded cover art support

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Feb 21 17:12:34 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just for the fun of it and to familiarize myself with Amarok code I tried a
>> much simpler approach which leaves the database layout untouched and more or
>> less just accepts a music file with an embedded APIC frame as a valid entry in
>> the image table which is used whenever no other cover-art image file is found.
>> With just some minor modifications to the image loading process the result
>> works for me as expected.
>
> I'm not an expert on the database scheme, but I think this sounds like
> an excellent way of solving this issue as it minimizes the amout of
> code that needs changing and thus the risk of serious regressions
> creeping in.
>
> Good thinking! :-)

Yep, sounds cool to me.

Andreas, if you want to make a patch, please create a "Merge Request"
in a Gitorious clone of Amarok. This makes it easier for us to review
it. Thanks!

http://gitorious.org/amarok

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at Collabora Ltd