Amarok slogan

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Feb 18 13:54:21 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Kuba Serafinowski <zizzfizzix at gmail.com> wrote:
> yesterday I noticed that our slogan is not consistent in every place.
> Obviously this is no good.
> I know there were attempts to change "Rediscover Your Music" to "Rediscover
> Music" due to music in Amarok 2 not being only from local source, but
> heavily dependent on online sources. While the idea behind this was pretty
> good, it looks like finally it was dropped because of trademark on the old
> phrase, and obligatory change everywhere, on t-shirts, ako, Amarok and all
> other places.
> The thing is I'd like to clarify which phrase do we use for our slogan, so
> please rise your arguments or let it be "Rediscover Your Music".
> Now when we decide which to use, or to just drop the change idea, it's
> highly recommended to either change it back everywhere to "Rediscover Your
> Music" or the other way around. I volunteer to do this on ako, in Polish
> also.
> Anyone to defend the change idea then?

I would also recommend to stick with "Rediscover Your Music" (the
original), for these reasons:

* Trademarked
* We have tons of t-shirts printed with it
* It's not that bad, really. I think the slogan is starting to build a brand

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at Collabora Ltd